Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Complete Month

I not only enjoy the feeling of helping others which is inexpressible, but also the feeling of learning together that is pleasurable! When I browsed the calendar this morning, I suddenly realized that my morning reading program is a complete month. I just cannot imagine how time flies without noticing. Now, the morning reading pattern has been changed, it’s no longer just for reading. Pronunciations and explanations are added. Like what I have announced last week, on weekends we may only focus on revision but no more new lessons. Owing to that Monday to Friday we almost read new lessons every day. We don’t have much time to digest and absorb. So it’s necessary for us to master the lessons as well. The aim of this grogram is to improve the quality of our English.
Personally, I think repetition is an effective way for keeping knowledge and remaining proficiency. Many people failed to understand why I could always have fun with those old lessons. That is not an enigma or any secret here. I just don’t feel bored of it but enjoy the familiarity. Stephen Covey once said “If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting”. So follow your heart; don’t be always interrupted by others’ voice or follow suit. Why don’t you be the master of your own?
I really appreciate their participation, perseverance and struggle. Obviously, their English has been improved a lot. As I always reminded them, there are not shortcuts for any skills. We need to be down-to-earth and practical. They are so adorable and doing so well in learning. I truly hope that this program could help them to cultivate a good habit.
I found I am not that sheepish girl anymore; I am bold enough to be a host and trying to be a good one, to help people with all my might, to inspire people with my whole effort. In the past I was afraid of making mistakes as well as losing face. But now, critics, opinions and suggestions are appreciated. I am so glad that I am able to help others and sharing their happiness of improving. It’s the merriest thing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment